- 100ml of butter/vegan butter, plus extra for the tin
- 250g gingernuts/gf digestives with 1 tsp of ground ginger added
- 80g of finely ground pistachios plus an extra tablespoon
- 250g vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped
- A small handful of edible Christmas sprinkles
- A handful of pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Edible gold/copper leaf
- Oil a 20 x 20cm brownie tin and line with foil or greaseproof paper Tip your chosen biscuits and ground ginger into a food processor and blitz to course crumbs. Melt your butter in a small pan over a low heat and pour this over the crumbs and pulse to combine. Finally, add in 1 tbsp of ground pistachios, mix well and then tip the mix into the prepared tin, press into an even layer and chill in the fridge whilst you prepare your topping.
- Next, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with an extra tablespoon of butter. Slowly melt the chocolate until you have a smooth ganache., stir in a large pinch of salt at this stage and a small handful of pistachios.
- Pour the ganache over the biscuit base and scatter with ground pistachios and your Christmas sprinkles. Chill for at least 4 hrs until set, then slice into bars. ENJOY!