This dish is pretty special…no one will ever know how little effort it actually requires! I used to really loathe cabbage until I made it like this, now I can’t get enough! Here’s a simple, ruby red side dish to wow your guests this Christmas:
All you need is:
Use organic/natural real food ingredients where possible)
· 1 head of red cabbage, finely sliced (if using the mandolin, BE CAREFUL and slice slowly…don’t end up with a sliced finger like me!)
· The juice and zest of two oranges
· 1 cinnamon quill – Steenbergs
· 1 medium/large apple, cored and sliced
· 2 tablespoons of agave syrup or coconut sugar
· 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of coconut butter
On a medium heat, add your olive oil, cored apple and sliced cabbage to your small pan and put the lid on. Leave for around 4 minutes or until the cabbage starts to wilt down.
Add your orange juice and zest and cinnamon stick and mix well with a silicone spatula.
After a couple of minutes, add your chosen sweetener and adjust for taste, let it simmer down for another 3-5 minutes on a low heat. The cabbage will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.