Let’s warm up with my easy ginger cupcakes! I love how autumnal and warming these little bites of heaven are. , fiery and oh so sweet, these cupcakes have been complete with @steenbergs ground ginger. Here’s how you can make a batch:
* 140g of coconut butter
* 130g of coconut sugar*
* 2 free-range eggs
* 200g of almond flour*
* 1 tsp Organic ground ginger*
* 1 tsp baking powder*
* 100ml of almond milk
* 1/4 tsp of salt*
For the topping
* 2 tablespoons of crystallised ginger, chopped up*
* 3 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Line 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
2. Beat the coconut butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and creamy. Beat in eggs until well combined.
3. Sift together the almond flour, ginger, baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients mixture to the coconut butter mixture, then beat in half of the almond milk. Add the remaining almond flour mixture and the remaining milk and beat until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen and lightly firm to the touch. Remove the cakes from the tin and set aside to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Decorate your cupcakes with you smooth peanut butter topping and a couple pieces of the crystallised ginger, enjoy!