Blend: Rooibos and Cinnamon Tea
Time To Make: 1.5 Hours
3 Ahmad Tea Rooibos and Cinnamon Teabags
290g (2.3 cups) of self-raising flour/gf works well too!
160g (3/4 cups) of caster sugar
3 tsp of baking powder
240ml (1 cup) of almond milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 medium eggs
90g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
For the cinnamon swirl:
120g of caster sugar
1.5 tbsp of ground cinnamon
80g of unsalted butter, melted
For the icing:
A few tsp of water mixed with 110g icing sugar to form a thick yet pourable icing
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and pre-line a brownie cake tin with greaseproof paper, set aside.
- Warm your milk to a simmering point in a small pan and then add it to 3 Rooibos and Cinnamon Teabags in a deep bowl. Leave it to steep for 5 minutes, then remove the bags and allow the milk infused tea to cool down to room temperature.
- Next, prep your cinnamon swirl mixture in a small bowl. Add the melted butter to your caster sugar and cinnamon mixture and mix well, set aside.
- Then, in a deep bowl add your eggs, your infused cinnamon and rooibos milk tea, vanilla extract and melted butter and whisk until combined.
- In another large bowl, have your dry ingredients ready and add in your wet ingredients, mix very well until a wet batter forms.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake tin, alternating with your cinnamon swirl mixture and bake for 45/50 mins or until the top is golden and springy to the touch.
- Allow your cake to cool completely before icing your cake with either a piping bag or a spoon and slicing up into squares. Enjoy with a fresh cup of Rooibos and Cinnamon tea!