Blend: Cardamom Tea
Time To Make: 1 Hour
1 tsp of ground cardamom
175g (1 ½ cups) of caster sugar
175g (1 ½ cups) of plain flour
100g (1/2 cup) of ground almonds
2 tsp of baking powder
200ml of hot water
200ml vegetable oil
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
For the toppings:
Icing sugar mixed with rosewater and pink food colouring to form thick icing
Dried Rose petals
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and pre-line a round cake tin with greaseproof paper, and set aside.
- Add 200ml boiling water to a glass bowl, then add your cardamom tea bag. Leave it to steep for 5 minutes, then remove the bag and allow the tea to cool down to room temperature.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl add in all your dry ingredients and mix well. Add in your vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and your tea, and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake tin and bake for 45/50 mins or until the top is golden and springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely before icing your cake and adding your dried rose petals and pistachios. Enjoy!