· 1kg of skinless chicken thigh, sliced into bite-sized pieces
· 4 tbsp of thick Greek yoghurt plus extra for your wrap
· ½ tsp of ground turmeric, ½ tsp of smoked paprika, ½ tsp of ground coriander, ¼ tsp of ground cumin, a pinch of red chilli flakes, a pinch of garlic powder and a generous pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
· 2 tbsp of olive oil
· The juice of half a lemon
· 2-4 wholemeal flatbreads
· Picked Turkish peppers
· 1 carrot, chopped into batons
· 1 small red onion, sliced
· A small handful of freshly chopped parsley
· A generous pinch of sumac
· A small handful of spring onion, chopped (green part only)
· Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl marinate your chicken thighs with all the spices, olive oil, lemon juice, and the 4 tablespoons of yoghurt. For best results marinate overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
2. When you’re ready to cook your chicken, heat a large non-stick skillet/pan over medium-high heat and place the chicken in the skillet/pan and cook the first side for 4 to 5 minutes until nicely charred. Turn and cook the other side for 3 to 4 minutes (the 2nd side takes less time).
3. Remove chicken from the skillet/pan and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes to rest and release its juices.
4. To serve, simply grab your chicken and pile it onto your flatbreads, which already have a thin layer of yoghurt, and add all the veggies. Roll up and enjoy! This dish can be enjoyed hot or cold.