· 200g of sweetcorn, drained and patted dry
· 120g of finely chopped chorizo cubes
· 3 green onions, white and greens parts, finely chopped
· 2 tbsps of chopped chives/dried chives
· 1 egg
· 4 tbsps of milk
· ½ tsp of smoked paprika, ¼ tsp of garlic powder, ¼ tsp of ground cumin,
· A good pinch of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
· 2 tbsps of plain flour/gf flour
· 2 tbsps of olive oil
· A scattering of freshly chopped parsley
1. In a large bowl stir together your egg, spices, milk, and flour. Add in your sweetcorn and chorizo, turning the mixture to coat. The mixture should hold its shape. If it’s too loose, add about a tablespoon of flour, if it’s too dry add about a teaspoon or so of water. Rest the mixture for about 10 minutes.
2. When you’re ready to cook, heat your oil in a large skillet/non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add a few scoops of batter to the pan and flatten gently. Cook until golden brown and set then turn and continue to cook on the other side. Set cooked fritters on a paper towel-lined sheet pan and continue cooking in batches until all of the batter is used, keeping the cooked fritters in a warm oven, if desired.
3. Serve with a fresh scattering of chopped parsley. This dish can be served hot or cold and will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!