This vanilla sprinkle sheet cake is delicious, easy and has a special twist to it. The flavours are rich and developed from the addition of dried fruit to the sponge which has been soaked in vanilla extract. A real winner of a cake, perfect for any celebration.
- 270g of plain flour
- 240g of brown /coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 50g of soft unsalted butter
- 200ml of almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 150ml of olive oil
- A small handful of dried fruit, chopped up finely and soaked in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Up to 200g of vanilla buttercream
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease and line your baking sheet with greaseproof paper, set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, and sea salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the softened butter into the dry mixture with a hand mixer on low speed until the butter is completely combined and the mixture has a sandy like texture, set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla together until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and homogeneous.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour and butter mixture and beat with the hand mixer until just a few streaks of flour remain. Finish mixing the batter with a silicone spatula and add in your soaked vanilla dried fruits.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake for 25-30 minutes until the top of the cake springs back to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack before turning out and/or frosting. Finish with a generous flourish of sprinkles. Enjoy!