Influenced by the flavours of Tuscany I present to you oven baked Tuscan fries. Very addictive. Sorry…!
- 4 large potatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick chips
- 3-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary + 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- A small bunch of sage leaves + 1 tsp dried sage
- 4-6 cloves garlic, skin on and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- A generous sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- 2. Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil, fresh rosemary, fresh sage, the dried herbs the entire smashed garlic cloves, the smoke paprika, and a large pinch of sea salt.
- 3. Spread the fries in an even layer. Do not overcrowd the pan, if needed, divide the fries between 2 baking sheets. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15 minutes more.
- 4. Add the butter and pecorino, toss, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. You want the potatoes to be tender, yet crispy.
- 5.Serve while hot, sprinkled with more flaky sea salt and garnished with extra fresh herbs. Enjoy!