Vadouvan Curry Chicken is made with a French curry spice blend and rich, unsweetened coconut milk. The flavour is so unique and sweet-savoury – it’s absolutely addicting, we dare you to stop at one serving! The leftovers are even more flavourful thanks to the enhanced flavour dimension from the garlic and onion, divine!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Vadouvan curry powder
- A scattering of freshly chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g of French beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1kg of chicken thighs, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 can (400ml) of unsweetned coconut milk
- 80g of cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- Heat a large pan or deep skillet over a medium-high heat and add your olive oil.
- Stir the Vadouvan curry powder into the oil and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant, do not skip this step.
- Next, add the tomato puree, crushed garlic, and chopped onion and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Season your prepared chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the curry mixture, tossing to coat every side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre, about 5-7 minutes. Add in your French beans and cook for a further few minutes.
- Lastly, add the unsweetened coconut milk and continue to cook 5-10 minutes longer or until the sauce reaches your desired level of thickness.
- Serve this curry over rice or with a side of vegetables, if desired. Finish off with a generous sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!