Cheats Christmas Day Crunchy Potatoes
If like me you have limited oven space but want to do your Christmas feast justice then look no further than my cheats Christmas Day Crunchy Potatoes! They’re the real deal folks, soft and fluffy on the inside, crunchy on the outside and full of flavour and seasonings. Only a couple of things that need to be adhered to such as Maris Piper potatoes being a must and for your oil in the skillet/pan to be hot hot hot for that crunch otherwise it will never be achieved.
1kg of Maris piper potatoes, par boiled in salted water 100ml of coconut oil or vegetable oil
1-2 tsp of sea salt flakes
1 tsp of sage powder
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of Aleppo chilli flakes (optional)
- As soon as your potatoes are par boiled, drain and leave to cool for no more than 5 minutes.
- In a very large skillet or pan heat your chosen oil until piping hot.
- Peel the potatoes roughly and chop them into roast potato chunks on the diagonal to give more surface area.
- Once the pan is hot add in your potatoes carefully and season with all your spices. Turn the heat down to medium and turn the potatoes after 5 minutes or you see the edges turning golden brown and crispy.
- The whole process should take around 25-30 minutes, season for taste and serve with your roast and other sides, garnish with extra sea salt flakes and chilli flakes, if using. Heaven