These moorish chocolatey squash oat bars are all things Autumn in a breakfast bar! No Flour, No refined sugar, No added oil…Just 1 Bowl, some Autumnal spices and full on deliciousness.
- 140g of oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 150g of squash puree
- 2 tbsp of honey or applesauce
- 200ml of almond milk
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- A handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 70g of dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 185 C/gas mark 4. In a large bowl add the oats, baking powder, and spices and dark chocolate. Add in the sunflower and pumpkin seeds, mix well.
- In the baking dish mix the squash puree, almond milk and honey/applesauce until mixed in. Add the oat mixture and mix well for a few seconds. Even it out in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the extra seeds.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let the mixture sit for another 10 mins in the oven, then remove. Cool for 10 mins, then slice and serve with extra melted dark chocolate drizzle.
These bars keep in a closed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.