Easy, speedy and really delicious, our warming golden squash curry is perfect for the cooler weather. You can make a big batch of this curry and freeze it ahead of time. Perfect with Bio-Kult Boosted!
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 400g of cubed squash
- 1 tsp pf salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of mild Madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 2 bell peppers, chopped up
- 2 tbsp of red lentils
- 500ml of water
- A small handful of coriander, torn up
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a high heat, then add the cumin seeds and garlic paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until the cumin seeds begin to pop.
- Add the onions to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes, or until softened and starting to brown. Toss in the squash and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat a little, stir in the ground spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add in your red lentils and mix again.
- Pour in the water and bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat up the pouches of rice (if using), following the packet instructions. Serve the curry in warmed bowls, with the rice and fresh coriander for garnish and freshness. Mmmmm…