A deliciously creamy squash soup with extra comforting flavours of rosemary and umami porchini mushrooms!
1 small squash, cubed and peeled
1 small onion, chopped
1 rosemary spring and 1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp ground turmeric @steenbergsltd
500ml of veggie stock
150g of dried porcini, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
1 tsp of garlic powder @steenbergsltd
A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
A couple glugs of olive oil
1 tsp of sea salt @steenbergsltd
1 tsp of cracked black pepper @steenbergsltd
1. In a soup pot add a generous drizzle of olive oil, chopped onion and rosemary.
2. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until your onion starts to become translucent.
3. Add in your cubed squash, dried rosemary, turmeric powder and sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add in your veggie stock and bring to the boil. Cook on a low heat for 20-30 minutes.
5. Once the squash is cooked puree everything in a pot using a hand-held blender.
6. As an alternative you can use your food processor and blend your soup in a few goes.
7. In a skillet pan add in your porcini mushrooms with the garlic powder and cut in small cubes. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until the water is evaporated.
8. Now add this in your squash soup in a bowl, top with more porcini mushrooms and some fresh rosemary and extra virgin olive oil drizzle. Perfection!