Fancy a little change to your classic Tiramisu? This recipe takes all the fuss out of a classic Tiramisu by simplifying the method while delivering you maximum delicious results with a pinky twist from the beetroot powder.
- 200ml of whipping cream or double cream
- 200g of mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 50g of coconut/caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liquor or Brandy (optional but very yummy!)
- 2 cups 400ml of espresso or very STRONG coffee at room temperature
- 1-2 packs of Ladyfingers (Boudoir biscuits/Savoiardi. Look for eggless if needed)
- Beetroot Powder for dusting the top
- Beat your whipping/double cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add in your mascarpone cheese and amaretto (if using) and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Dip your ladyfingers in the coffee (and brandy if using) and place in an 8×8 pan to make the first layer – you can fit about 7 cookies in each layer. Don’t let them soak as the will fall apart, just a quick dunk in the coffee is enough.
- Spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer of ladyfingers. Repeat process with the second layer of ladyfingers and cream mixture, you can also do a single layer if you want a thick layer as pictured.
- Dust the top of dessert with beetroot powder using a sieve. Refrigerate for about 2-4 hours (it gets even better in the fridge and is a perfect make-ahead dessert).