MMMM. That is all I can say about these courgette ‘meatballs’ with feta and herbs. They are SO easy to make…too easy even! Best part? My version is baked, not fried…
- 700g of grated courgette
- 2 eggs
- 100g of crumbled feta
- A small handful of finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of perfect salt
- 1 teaspoon of Alleppo chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 100g of bread crumbs
- 50g of plain flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
- Olive oil, for frying
- Start off by placing your grated courgette in a colander and lightly salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes have passed, squeeze (with your hands) as much water you can out of the courgette.
- In a large bowl mix the courgette, feta , spring onion, all your spices and 2 lightly beaten eggs.
- Sprinkle over half the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a small bowl and sprinkle about half the amount over the courgette mixture and mix. Keep adding until you have a thickish batter, you don’t want it to be watery.
- Using your hands, form golf size balls and coat the balls in the rest of the bread crumbs. Place on a tray lined with greasproof paper and continue this process with the rest of the courgette batter.
- Bake in a preheated over on gas mark 6/200 degrees and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Sprinkle with extra Alleppo chilli flakes and enjoy. Best served hot or at room temp. Enjoy!