- 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature), plus extra for greasing
- The zest of 1 large orange
- 3 tablespoons of hilltop honey, Spanish orange blossom honey
- 250g gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- With the extra butter, grease a baking tray.
- Finely grate the zest of an orange.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then add the citrus zest.
- Stir in the flour and the baking powder, egg yolks and bring together into a dough, use water if needed at this stage.
- Place on the prepared baking tray then roll into a large round, chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Cut your shortbread into the desired shape and place in the oven.
- Bake the shortbread for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and leave to cool completely on the tray before decorating the shortbread as you wish.
- Here i’ve gone for light orange icing with long strands of orange and drizzled mine with extra hilltop honey, Spanish orange blossom honeyon top before digging in!
Founder of nikibakes xxx