Meat Free Monday? I got you covered with my easy speedy Quorn bolognese…thick, saucy and very tasty. Read on to see the secret ingredient which elevates this bolognese…
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion/2 spring onions, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 200g mushrooms such as mini portabellos, diced finely
- 1 tbsp of olive tapenade – secret ingredient!! Trust me.
- 3 sundried tomatoes, chopped up
- 2 bell peppers, diced finely
- 400ml tomato passata/tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 500g of any pasta shape you have to have
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Pre heat the oil over a medium to high heat, add the spring onion/onion and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Next, add in the garlic, sundried tomatoes, tapenade, diced peppers and mushrooms, cover and cook over a medium/high heat stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the Quorn Mince, passata/tinned tomatoes, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, vegetable stock, tomato puree and oregano. Stir well, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to pack instructions.
- Pour Quorn’s bolognese sauce over the cooked pasta, season to taste and top withsome fresh basil. Enjoy! xx