Mmmm, a deliciously satisfying and rich Malaysian squash curry, bursting with flavour and Malaysian flavours thanks to the Malay masala curry mix. Vegan and gluten free, everyone can enjoy this dish!
1 large white onion, chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
2 level teaspoons of organic Malay masala curry mix @steenbergsltd
1-2 red chillies, finely chopped (save some for garnish!)
500g of butternut squash, cubed
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
400ml of coconut milk
200ml of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Fresh chopped coriander, for garnish
1. Heat a large skillet over a medium high heat and add your coconut oil, melt down. Add your chopped white onion and fry for a few mins to soften.
2. Next, add in your minced garlic, ginger, chilli’s (saving a few slices for garnish!) and butternut squash and cook for a further few mins.
3. Now add in your organic Malay masala curry mix and maple syrup and stir to evenly coat all your squash pieces.
4. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to a slow boil. Reduce the heat now and simmer for about 20 minutes or so until your squash is cooked and the sauce has reduced down slightly.
5. Season with your sea salt and black pepper as needed and top with some fresh chopped coriander and fresh slices of chilli – now it’s ready. enjoy hot with some basmati rice.