Ah…minty minty fresh cheesecake anyone? It’s so refreshing and so simple to make, no baking required! Everyone can enjoy this vegan and gluten-free sweet treat, so spread the love and enjoy it knowing it’s full of antioxidants thanks to the added spirulina powder, result!
For the raw cacao cheesecake base:
• 60g of sprouted buckwheat
• 40g of raw cacao nibs
• 80g of raw cacao butter, melted
• 40g of raw cacao powder
• 3 tablespoons of water
• 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
For the mint cheesecake filling:
• 300g of cashews, soaked overnight
• 150ml of water
• 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon of spirulina powder
• 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract @steenbergsltd
• 200ml of coconut oil, melted
• 100g of good quality 70% dark chocolate, melted
• Fresh edible flowers
• Extra raw cacao nibs
• Fresh mint leaves
- Start off by making your raw cacao base. Simply mix all the ingredients by hand until well incorporated. Add a little water if it’s too thick.
- Spread out into a loaf tin which has been lined with greaseproof paper. Place in the fridge to firm up whilst you make your mint cheesecake filling.
- In a high-speed blender, whizz up the cashews, water and maple syrup. The consistency should be thick but not too thick so add a little more water if needed. If it’s nice and sauce like in consistency, add the spirulina powder, peppermint extract and coconut oil and blitz again.
- Bring out the base from the fridge and pour over your cheesecake filling. Place in the freezer overnight to fully set.
- Once it’s ready to serve, make sure you take it out of the freezer 1 hour before. Slice up and drizzle with melted dark chocolate, raw cacao nibs and fresh mint leaves, mmm!
Enjoy! Niki xxx