Bread week with nikibakes continues with my quickie flatbread! It contains 5 ingredients, it’s easy and probably the easiest recipe to ease into if you want to try your hand at making bread from scratch. This flatbread recipe uses a base of yogurt and flour which gives it a super light texture, I’m addicted!
250g (or a little less) of coconut/Greek yoghurt
150g of gluten free plain flour
2 teaspoons of organic baking powder
Up to 100ml of olive oil
A generous pinch of sea salt to taste
- In a large clean bowl combine the plain flour, sea salt and baking powder. Next, add in the yogurt bit by bit and mix with a spatula until the yogurt has absorbed the flour. You will need to get in there with your hands to really bring the dough together, and that’s all there is to your dough essentially!
- Once the dough is formed into a smooth ball, place it on a floured surface. Using a knife or pastry scraper, divide the dough into 6 even balls.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll each one out to a rough circle shape. Try to roll the dough as thin as possible as this will ensure the bread cooks evenly on both sides with a nice air bubbles in between, that’s the magic we are looking for!
- Heat a large skillet or pancake pan over a medium heat. Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the rolled dough with the olive oil before placing it into the hot skillet. Allow the bread to toast and bubble up cooking for about 2-3 minutes on each side, it’s a very fast process!
- Repeat this process until all 6 flatbreads are cooked. Stack up on a plate or in a covered basket to keep warm. Store at room temperature for 3 days and reheat on the pan before use, enjoy! ?