Mmmm…and here’s another quick and simple Christmas sweet treat for you and your loved ones. Don’t say I didn’t spoil you this year!
- 6 large free-range egg whites
- A pinch of sea salt @steenbergsltd
- Up to 5 heaped tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 200 of mixed nuts which have been caramelised in maple syrup
- 200g of dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chunks/balls
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas 2. Put your egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk them at a medium speed until they start to form nice firm peaks.
- With your mixer still running, gradually add the coconut sugar and a pinch of sea salt. Turn the mixer up to the highest setting and whisk for 7 to 8 minutes more until the meringue is white, glossy and smooth. If it feels grainy, whisk for a little bit longer, being careful not to let the meringue collapse.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Shape into blob into a circle or oblong about 20cm in diameter.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake for 1 hour until the meringue look slightly golden and are fluffy in the middle.
- Spoon the melted dark chocolate on top of the meringues and smooth it out. Scatter over your nuts and dark chocolate and enjoy!