This is the easiest Christmas side to make. EVER. You can make it with just the sweet potatoes if you don’t like to mix your veggies but I love the flavour and texture of them both in this dish. Honeyed brussels and sweet potatoes…I love you!
* 300g of brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
* 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
* Up to 2 tablespoons of honey
* 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1 teaspoon of sea salt @steenbergsltd
* 1 teaspoon of Aleppo chilli flakes (optional) @steenbergsltd
* A small handful of walnut halves
* Some edible red berries, for garnish (I chose my beloved rosehips!)
1. Combine brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes together in a small bowl. Drizzle with half your oil and honey, and top generously with sea salt and Aleppo chilli flakes, stir to combine.
2. Heat your skillet on medium high and add the remaining oil and brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes. Place the lid on and add some water to create steam. Turn the heat down and let the veggies soften.
3. Once your veggies are fork tender, turn up the heat again and add in your walnuts. Now add the rest of the honey and cook further for some caramelised and crispy edges….serve right away!