Fancy a quick and delicious meal, perfect for any weekday? My prosciutto wrapped basil cod is seriously tasty and very straightforward, all you need is:
Use organic/natural real food ingredients where possible)
· 2 fillets of cod
· 4-6 slices of prosciutto
· 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
· 1 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt and cracked black pepper
. 1 teaspoon of organic basil
. A couple slices of fresh red chilli (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 5/200 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, set aside.
2. Take your cod fillets and place them in a shallow bowl, add in your spices and coconut oil and rub it all over the flesh of the fish using your hands. Wrap the prosciutto around the cod fillets and place on the baking tray.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes and you’ll know when it’s done when the juices of the cod start to seep out, the flesh taking on an opaque appearance and the prosciutto is nice and crispy. Garnish with extra basil and your slices chilli (if using) and serve right away.
Recipe Creator and founder of nikibakes