150ml of olive oil
2 tablespoons of almond butter plus extra for drizzling
3 large eggs
175g of light brown sugar
200g of gluten-free self-raising flour
½ tsp of almond extract
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
½ tsp of ground ginger
The zest of 1 orange
200g of finely grated carrot
Edible flowers, for decoration, optional
Fresh carrot shavings
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line your baking tin with greaseproof paper, and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add your oil, light brown sugar, almond extract and eggs. Mix together until well combined.
- Add your flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, and ginger and gently fold these into the mixture.
- Next, add your orange zest and grated carrot, and almond butter. Fold them into the mixture so they’re evenly dispersed.
- Spoon your mixture into your prepared loaf tin and place in the oven for about 50-55 minutes until well-risen and golden. Allow cooling in the tin for around 15 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve with lashings of runny almond butter and ENJOY!