A thick, chewy, chocolatey and vanilla flavoured New York Style cookie. It’s good. It’s really good.
150g of salted butter 100g of coconut sugar 50g of dark brown sugar 1 tablespoon of organic vanilla extract 1 egg 270g of plain flour 1 teaspoon of baking powder 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda 1 teaspoon of flaky sea salt 100g of white chocolate, chopped up 150g of Oreos, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a cookie tray with greaseproof paper, set aside.
- Add you butter and sugars to a stand mixer and beat until it becomes creamy. After five minutes or so add in your egg and organic vanilla extract and beat again.
- Next up, add in your plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and beat till a cookie dough comes together.
- Lastly add in your white chocolate chips and crushed Oreos and mix again until just combined, do not over-mix at this stage. The cookie batter will be dry but this is normal for NYC style cookies!
- Roll your cookies into even cookie dough balls, about 80g each and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- After an hour take the cookies out of the fridge and place on the baking tray. Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minute.
- Once the cookies have been baked, leave them to cool for around 30 minutes as they will continue to bake whilst cooling.