Decadent, chocolatey tart anyone?! Our salted Raw Cacao Paste Tart is so silky smooth, so lush that it’s almost too good to be true… Almost.
This tart is not like any other you’ve tasted because the filling features Virgin Criollo Raw Cacao Paste is an unroasted Peruvian variety and focuses on quality, not quantity.
This tart contains high levels of antioxidants, magnesium, calcium, vitamins & essential amino acids and isn’t overly sweet either. What are you waiting for?
All you need is:
For the smooth nutty base
- 90g of smooth almond butter
- 80g of mixed nuts, we used hazelnuts and almonds, unroasted
- 100ml of Elements for Life virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- A pinch of Elements for Life Himalayan pink salt
For the rich raw cacao filling
- 400ml of full-fat coconut milk
- 90g of Elements for Life virgin criollo raw cacao paste, chopped into small pieces
- 60g Elements for Life raw cacao powder plus extra for dusting
- 3 tablespoons of Sweet Freedom
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt, plus extra for dusting
- Freeze-dried raspberry powder, for dusting (optional)
- Start off by preparing the smooth nutty base. Blend the nuts in a food processor to a crumbly texture and then add in the rest of the ingredients. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor to make sure everything is well incorporated. You should have a smooth paste at this stage. Pour into your tart base which is lined with greaseproof paper. Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the rich raw cacao filling start off by heating your coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once simmering, add in your chopped Virgin Criollo Raw Cacao Paste and stir gently until fully incorporated. The smell is divine at this point!
- Once fully mixed in, add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk well until you have a smooth and rich filling, turn off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Bring out your tart base from the fridge and add your filling and then pop back into the fridge overnight or for 4-6 hours in the freezer…the wait is worth it!
Enjoy enjoy xx