* 200g of almond flour * 1 tsp of organic lemon extract @steenbergsltd * 1 tsp organic baking powder @steenbergsltd * 100ml of almond milk * 1/4 tsp of sea salt @steenbergsltd 🐣 For the topping: * 400ml of coconut cream, whipped * 1 teaspoon of beetroot powder @steenbergsltd 🌸 Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
2. Beat the coconut butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and creamy. Beat in eggs until well combined.
3. Sift together the almond flour, lemon extract, organic baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients mixture to the coconut butter mixture, then beat in half of the almond milk. Add the remaining almond flour mixture and the remaining milk and beat until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen and lightly firm to the touch. Remove the cakes from the tin and set aside to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Decorate your cupcakes with your chosen frosting, I went with coconut cream frosting which is dyed with beetroot powder and I used a number 22 piping nozzle. 🍋 Happy Baking and Happy Good Friday everyone!