Who doesn’t love biting into a wild and foraged decadent chocolate tart and finding out that it’s vegan and raw?! It tastes sublime if I do say so myself…and so easy, perfect for a dinner party or for the weekend, no baking in sight either and everyone can enjoy it, happy days I say!
Ingredients for the coconut crust
• 1/4 cup raw coconut chips @elementsforlife
• 1/4 cup raw cashews
• 1/4 cup cacao nibs @elementsforlife
• 4 medjool dates
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil @lucybeecoconutoil
• 1 pinch of sea salt @steenbergsltd
Ingredients for the filling
• 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder @elementsforlife
• 1 teaspoon of organic coffee extract @steenbergsltd
• 80g of dark chocolate, melted @greenandblacks
• 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
• 6 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 pinch of sea salt
• A small handful of micro leaves, wildflowers and crushed nuts and dark chocolate chips.
• Beetroot-coconut sauce for garnishing and to add a little sauciness!
1. For the crust, blend all coconut crust ingredients until fine enough but with some texture, I love some crunch personally!
2. Brush your cake tin with coconut oil and spread the crust by pressing firmly. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
3. To make the filling, blend all the filling ingredients together and fill your mould. Keeps for 3 days in the fridge. Once you’re ready to serve, I like to slice mine up and stack one slice on top of another but this is optional of course! Garnish with microgreens, wildflowers and anything else you can forage!