Orange spiked Madeira cake. With rose petals. And crushed pistachios. And orange blossom water syrup using Steenbergs’ signature orange blossom water. Yes. So good…
- 180g of unsalted butter
- 200g of coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour (can be gf too)
- 100g of ground almonds
- The zest and juice of ½ a seedless orange
- A few drops of organic orange extract
- 2 large oranges
For the orange blossom water syrup:
- 4 tbsp of runny honey
- The juice of a large orange
- 2 tbsp of orange blossom water
- Start off by making your orange blossom syrup.
Tip all of your ingredients for the syrup into a saucepan, along with 150ml water. Bring the pan to a simmer, then gently reduce down for 10 minutes and then leave to cool.
Heat your oven to 180C or gas mark 4. Whisk the butter and coconut sugar together until light and fluffy, then gradually mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add the orange zest, juice and orange extract, then beat in your chosen flour and ground almonds. The batter needs to have a thick consistency that drops off a wooden spoon – add a splash of milk to loosen if necessary.
- Grease and line a round, 23cm cake tin, and then spoon over the cake mix, level with the back of a spoon and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Whilst the cake is still warm, drizzle the syrup over the cake and decorate as you wish!
#Steenbergs #orange #cake #orange #Madeira #flavour #soft #syrup #orangeblossomwater #delectable #easy #moreishbits #instafood #foodies #swet #bake